We know that during all this Covid-19 lockdown period, one thing that you missed most is Travelling. We all want to go on a much-needed vacation in hills like Himachal Pradesh or Uttarakhand or beach places like Goa. Let’s say Uttarakhand Tourism Dept. has heard you and reopens Uttarakhand for Tourism. But things are not the same as they used to be and before making any plans, you need to check these Uttarakhand Latest Safe Travel Guidelines issued by Government for all tourists.
Uttarakhand Reopens for Tourism and Tourists:
To make travel possible again in Uttarakhand and ensure proper social distancing during Covid-19, The Uttarakhand Govt. has lifted travel restrictions and now tourists from the other part of the country can head to the mountains but with some precautions and guidelines. To ensure the safety of all people, Uttarakhand govt. has released the latest safety guidelines for those who are travelling to Uttarakhand. If you are planning to go to any hill station of Uttarakhand, you need to follow these Uttarakhand latest safe travel guidelines, issued effectively from July 2, 2020.
Uttarakhand Latest Safe Travel Guidelines for Tourists:
- Those who are visiting Uttarakhand from the other parts of India have to upload their recent Covid-19 test report on the Dehradun Smart City Web Portal.
- District Authorities will verify the documents and medical reports of all tourists at the entry points.
- International tourists have to register themselves on the Dehradun Smart City Web Portal and shall undergo seven days Institutional and seven days home quarantine.
- Those who are travelling from other states of India don’t need to be quarantined, but they have to upload their medical reports on the web portal.
- All the Hotels and Homestays shall be allowed to open for the business except those that come under the containment zones.
- Hotels and Homestays have to take online booking of a tourist seven days prior. Tourists can stay for as long as they want.
- Tourists need to present their RT-PCR report (must not be older than 72 hours) reflecting negative COVID status from an ICMR-authorized lab, at the hotels during check-in.
- Bars situated in the Hotels and Homestays are not allowed to be open, but liquor can be served in rooms as a part of room service.
List of 15 Best Places reopened in Uttarakhand for Tourists and Tourism:
Uttarakhand Govt. has reopened the popular and most visited places of Uttarakhand for Tourism again. Here is the list of famous places reopened in Uttarakhand for Tourists:
1. Char Dham Yatra
The Uttarakhand Devasthanam Management Board has reopened Char Dham Yatra from July 1, 2020, for only pilgrims within the state (except those who are in containment zones and quarantine centres) to control the Covid-19 spread. Situated in the Uttarakhand’s Garhwal region, Char Dham Yatra comprises of four Dham: Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri, Yamunotri. Here are the latest Char Dham Yatra Guidelines as per Covid-19 measures:
Latest Safe Travel Guidelines for Char Dham Yatra
- E-passes are required for the Darshan at the temple and only applicable for the residents within the state.
- To apply for E-passes, pilgrims need to check out the website: barinath-kedarnath.gov.in
- Pilgrims must need to upload their travel history and medical reports while applying for Char Dham e-pass.
- Anybody having symptoms of fever, cough or breathing problems, must avoid visiting the shrine and refrain from applying re-pass.
- Yatra E-pass will be valid only for two days and after the visit, will be null. It can’t be used to visit any other places nearby.
- Pilgrims need to wear the mask, use hand sanitizer and follow all the safety guidelines during Char Dham Yatra.
- Temple authorities can amend the guidelines and refuse entry of pilgrims in the temple without any prior notice.
Also Read: Badrinath National Highway 58 Closed
3. Nainital- City of Lakes
9. Tehri Garhwal
15. Udham Singh Nagar
So, this was the Safe Travel Guide of Uttarakhand. If you are planning to visit Uttarakhand for a vacation or Char Dham Yatra, please go through these Uttarakhand Latest Safety Travel Guidelines to ensure proper safety and social distancing during Covid-19. If you have any other queries related to Uttarakhand latest tourism guidelines/updates, feel free to ask us in comments. Have a safe and happy travel!