If you are wondering what the best time to visit Uttarakhand is, then let us tell you “Every time is an excellent time to visit Uttarakhand”. No, we are not joking, Uttarakhand is a divine place full of mountains, sceneries, falls, meadows, valleys, etc. And there are numerous heavenly tourist places to visit in Uttarakhand. All these places become more beautiful in some particular seasons, and today we will tell you which tourist place you should explore in which season in Uttarakhand.
Most Popular Attractions in Uttarakhand are Char Dham Yatra, Valley of Flowers, Nainital, Rishikesh, Dehradun, Mussorie, Lansdowne and Jim Corbett National Park.
Major activities to do in Uttarakhand:
- Char Dham Yatra
- Jungle Safari
Which Tourist Places should you explore in which Season in Uttarakhand
While you can visit Uttarakhand any time from Summer to Winter, here is the detail description of all the major tourist places of Uttarakhand and which season is suitable to explore the best beauty of these places:
Best Places to Visit in Uttarakhand in Summer:
Summer is one of the most appropriate seasons to explore Uttarakhand as the weather is pleasant at some places in Uttarakhand. March to June is considered as the best time to visit Uttarakhand to explore the beauty of the following places:
1. Chopta Valley– A small romantic valley located in Uttarakhand. Chopta Valley is best to visit in summer in Uttarakhand as you can explore the natural greenery and meadows to the fullest.
Things to Do: Tunganath Trek, Chandrashila Visit
2. Lansdowne: It won’t be wrong to say that Lansdowne is one of the most visited places in summer in Uttarakhand. A town situated on a hilltop is popular for its spectacular sunset view and weather in Summer. It is a quiet place with lots of sightseeing to explore.
Thing To Do: Sunset Point and other Sightseeing to Visit
3. Nag Tibba: The Highest Peak in the lesser Himalayan Range that offers you explored views of Swargarohini and Bandarpoonch peaks. As it remains covered with snow, it is an ideal place for trekking lovers to visit in Summers.
Things to Do: Trekking, Hiking, Camping
4. Kausani: A popular Honeymoon destination in Uttarakhand. In summers, Kausani becomes the best eco-friendly tourist destination, and you can witness the panoramic views Nanda Devi, Panchachuli and Trishula Peaks from there.
Things to Do: Nature Walk, Sightseeing
5. Mukteshwar: A popular pilgrimage town away from the city’s pollution and noise. In summer, it is like a heaven with lots of fun activities to do. It is famous for the 350-years old Lord Shiva Temple.
Things to Do: Water Splashing at the scenic Bhalu Gaad Falls to blow off the heat, Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking and other adventure activities to do.
6. Auli: A place known as the mini-Switzerland of India and thus needs no introduction. Situated amid the peaks of Nanda Devi, Hathi Ghoda and Kamet, Auli remains cold throughout the year but the best time to visit Auli is June. The artificial lake of Auli blazes bright blue in Sun, and its weather is the best thing you need in summer.
Things to Do: Trekking, Hiking, Sight Seeing
7. Rishikesh: Well, the place is quite popular among youth for River Rafting. But apart from it, there are many other things to do in Rishikesh like other adventure activities, clicking selfies on Laxman Jhoola or witness Ganga Aarti. For all these things, Rishikesh is one of the best places to visit in Summer.
Things to Do: River Rafting, Water Sports
Best Places to Visit in Monsoon in Uttarakhand
Monsoon is Uttarakhand begins from July to September. While many places are not advisable to visit during Monsoon in Uttarakhand as you may experience heavy rainfall and landslides, there are still some tourist destinations that you must visit in Monsoon.
1. Valley of Flowers: Monsoon is the best time to visit Valley of Flowers as a variety of flowers blossom in this season, making it the most beautiful place in North India. On top of that, heavenly cascading fall enhance the beauty of this place.
Things to Do: Sightseeing, Temple Hoppings
2. Almora: A little heaven located in the Kumaon Region of Uttarakhand. Located amid Himalayan Region and covered with Pine Forests, Almora blooms best to its beauty in Monsoon Season. If you are a nature lover, you are going to love the natural scenery, panoramic views and Pine Forests in the Monsoon season.
Things to Do: Local Sightseeing, Shopping, Temples Visit
3. Lansdowne: One of the best places to visit on both summer and monsoon season. During Monsoon, the scenery becomes much more beautiful, and one should never miss it.
4. Landour: Few kilometres away from Mussorie, Landour is a beautiful hill station to explore in Monsoon. The best thing about this place is its beautiful heavenly scenery and is less explored.
Best Places to Visit in Winters in Uttarakhand
From November till February, Uttrakhand witness snowy winter season. Winter is another best time to visit Uttarakhand if you want to witness heavy snowfall and chill scenes. So, if you are planning to celebrate Christmas or New Year or your winter holidays in the Uttarakhand, these are some places that you must not miss.
1. Kedarnath: After watching the Kedarnath Movie, we all fell in love with the scenery and weather of this Holy Place. Kedarnath is one of the Dham from the popular Char Dham Yatra. In winter, the place looks like heaven with snow covering everything, including the forests and the Holy Ganga enhances the beauty of this place. The place is famous for Lord Shiva Temple, and everyone must visit this place once in a while in their lifetime.
Things to Do: Trekking, Hiking, Sightseeing, Char Dham Yatra
2. Ranikhet: A small cantonment town in Almora but the prime tourist destination to visit in Winters. Beautiful greenery covered with snow makes this place mesmerising in winters.
Things to Do: Paragliding, Sightseeing, Long Walks
3. Jim Corbett National Park: Jim Corbett National Park is the best place to visit in Winters. Famous for the Jungle Safari, the place has a massive population of Royal Bengal Tigers. Since in winters, the weather is delightful, it allows you to roam and explore places easily.
Things to Do: Jungle Safari, Camping, Trekking, Hiking, Birds Watching, Mountain Biking
4. Pithoragarh: A beautiful hill station with mesmerising scenery and beauty that gets more beautiful in winters with snow. The beautiful mountains around it and the water sports make it an adventurous place to visit.
Things to Do: Skiing, Hiking, Fishing, Kayaking, Canoeing
5. Mussoorie: Known as Queen of Hills, Mussoorie is the best place to visit in Winters and if you are lucky you can experience snowfall as well. Witnessing beautiful Sunset at Lal Tibba, enjoying a peaceful time at Company Garden and cascading fall at Kempty Falls.
Things to Do: Boating, Sightseeing, Hiking, etc.
6. Nainital: A city of Lakes, known for beautiful sightseeing and pleasant weather. You can witness snowfall in Nainital in winters. The weather is so beautiful that you will feel like walking in the clouds.
Things to Do: Boating, Sightseeing, Shopping
Wrapping It Up!
So, these are the best places that you must visit in Uttarakhand. Hope it will clear your queries about What is the best time to visit Uttarkhand and which places you should explore in which seasons. Keep Travelling as Mountains are calling us again!